Volunteer Coordinator Assistant Internship
Do you love working with volunteers? Do you believe strongly in community capacity building and want to support the Pan African experience in Oregon? Want to think about social health determinants, or see a celebration in the heart of the city, in a hands-on way? This summer internship may be a perfect fit for you.
The Pan African movement and the festival is a mechanism that powerfully supports the black community in Oregon through celebration and connection. It is also an economic development initiative focused on creating financial opportunities for black owned businesses and artists/performers which will add value to Oregon’s economy. More than 3,000 visitors celebrated Pan African cultures in Pioneer Courthouse Square last August.
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer Internship, please send a letter of interest detailing your connection to the Pan African community and a resume to Laus Mwakalebela at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 6th, 2018.
Intern Responsibilities Include
- Respond to volunteer emails and phone calls and other inquiries
- Help match volunteer interests with opportunities before and on the day of the event
- Support the Outreach Director in coordinating volunteers before and on the day of the event
- Contribute to planning the timing of resource coordinator, volunteer staffing for specific tasks leading up to and the day of the festival
- Support coordination of events
- Expected time contribution is between 10 and 15 hours a week
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills / Education
- Must be over the age of 21 and have a current driver’s license with access to a vehicle
- Great team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and use of google office products
- Flexible hours
- Self-Starter and able to take direction
- Outgoing personality, loves to work with people
- Experienced and enjoys working with people from diverse cultures and communities
- Excited about the Pan African vision