WHEN: August 10, 2019, 12pm-8: 30pm
WHERE: Pioneer Courthouse Square, 701 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97205
WHAT: The festival will include live entertainment, cultural foods, arts and crafts, and much more. Pan African Festival (PAF) emphasizes promoting health equity, economic development, providing employment and educational opportunities and building community awareness. These are essential components to empower Pan Africans (Africans, Afro Latinix, Caribbeans and African Americans) and their allies to pursue policy changes which shift social and other determinants of health. PAF is dedicated to providing the necessary space to talk about, and fight for, social justice.
The 2018 Pan African Festival was one to remember! We’ve successfully brought people together to address substantive issues that matter to them in the context of celebration and economic development. It was a great revenue generating festival for the Black Owned businesses that participated. We had a total of 15 Black Owned businesses that had approximately 3,000 people that bought something from them.
Thanks to the support of our wonderful sponsors, we were able to offer stipend that was a 100% increase from last year to our local artists and performers. We’ve also managed to consume the majority of the cost for food and craft vendors to be able to participate in the festival.
We’d like to extend a special thank you to our 2018 platinum and host sponsors, Urban League of Portland, Clackamas County, Providence Health & Services, and Multnomah County Health Department. We had over 70 amazing volunteers, thank you so much, we couldn’t have done without you.
Please join us in making 2019 an even more successful festival for Oregon.
- For more festival information: call 503-752-2102 or visit www.panafricanfestivalor.org/
- For sponsorship opportunities: contact Nafisa Fai at firstname.lastname@example.org Click here to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
- For vendor information contact503-752-2102 or apply to be a vendor here
- For artist information: contact Jumah Smith at 404-860-7497 or complete the call for artists form
- For volunteer opportunities: Contact Laus Mwakalebela at 503-841-0359 and Click here to join our volunteer list.
Thank you so much!